WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA?
The data controller for the processing of the data is Essential Me. The contact details of Essential Me are as follows:
– Postal address: Essential Me, Coolaney, Co Sligo, ROI.
– Telephone: 0860826770
– e-mail: email@example.com
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Essential Me may collect the following personal information from users of this website through the corresponding forms:
Personal information e.g. name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number
Financial information e.g. credit card or bank account number (provided by the customer in the case of refunds)
Transactional information e.g. date of order, items ordered or communications in relation to customer service when you have contacted us for that purpose.
In addition, Essential Me may collect information relating to browsing of the website such as cookie consent, landing page, pages browsed.
All the personal data collected originate from the interested party, with the exception of contact details that may be provided to us by friends and family:
– To send any gift voucher or other gift.
FOR WHAT PURPOSE DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The personal data of the interested party shall be processed for the following purpose, as applicable:
– To manage and execute the registration on the website.
– To manage and execute online purchasing. We use the personal information of the customer to process and deliver their order, and inform them by e-mail and/or SMS of the status of their order.
– Manage and send information about exclusive promotions, latest news and personalized information adapted to the profile, interests and needs of the interested party as a client through email, SMS, postal mail or any other channel of communication and / or digital platforms. The sending of this information will involve the creation of user profiles consisting of using personal data, the history of your purchases if applicable. If necessary, certain personal information of the client may be used to personalize communications in digital media.
– The content, products or services will be personalised to the customer in the communications, in accordance with their interests.
– To respond to the exercise of data protection rights, queries and complaints.
– To manage and issue accreditation of sale documents: e-receipt, sales or Tax Free invoice.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THE DATA?
Essential Me will keep the personal data only for a period that is reasonably necessary given the requirements to respond to issues that are raised or to resolve problems, make improvements, activate its services and fulfil the requirements of the applicable legislation. This means that it may keep the personal data for a reasonable time, including after the interested party has stopped using the services of Essential Me. After this period, the personal data will be blocked on all Essential Me systems.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
Essential Me has the following lawful bases to process personal data:
Execution of the agreement
The legal basis for processing the personal data of the interested party which is collected is the execution of the sale and purchase agreement. In this regard, the interested party is obliged to provide that data necessary for its execution. If we are not provided with this data, the sale and purchase cannot be executed.
The management and issue of the sales invoice is based on the legal obligation of Essential Me in its relationship with its customers.
In relation to the following purposes, the legal basis for the processing of the personal data of the interested party will be the consent of the same, in cases where it has been given:
– Management of the registration on the website.
– Management of the sending of information on exclusive promotions, latest news and personalised information adapted to the profile of the interested party.
– To respond to the exercise of data protection rights, queries and complaints on the part of the interested party.
– Management and issue of the following accreditation of sale documents: e-receipt and Tax Free.
The withdrawal of consent of said processing on the part of the interested party shall not affect the execution of the sale and purchase agreement entered into by the same and Essential Me.
In relation to the following purposes, the legal basis of the processing of the personal data of the interested party will be the legitimate interest of Essential Me:
– The drafting of profiles via the browsing on the website on the part of a user registered on the same, in addition to all other users that have provided us with their data for any other purpose.
– The drafting of profiles for the sending of information on exclusive promotions, latest news and personalised information adapted to the profile of the interested party.
– The sending of satisfaction questionnaires on the products purchased or services used by Essential Me customers in order to know their opinion and improve them.
Our legitimate interest consists of being able to guarantee that our website remains secure, and to help Essential Me understand the requirements, expectations and degree of satisfaction of the users and, consequently, improve the services, products and brands. All these actions will be performed to improve the degree of satisfaction of the customer and guarantee a unique browsing and shopping experience.
SHARING OF DATA
The personal data of the interested party may be transferred/communicated to the following addressees:
– Public Administrations and Bodies whenever required by the tax, employment, Social Security or any other applicable legislation.
– Data processing companies, such as service providers that provide a service to Essential Me (courier companies, communications companies, agencies, profiling companies, etc.).
We aim not to transfer data outside of the EU but where this may occur, in relation to the above transfers/communications, Essential Me shall use the Standard Contractual Clauses adapted by the European Commission and the EU-US Privacy Shield as a guarantee of transfers to European Commission non-compliant countries. In all cases, third parties sharing certain personal data will have previously accredited the adoption of suitable technical and organisational measures for the correct protection of the same.
Essential Me does not under any circumstances sell customer data to third parties.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
The website uses data security technologies such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptographic mechanisms to prevent any unauthorised access to data and guarantee data confidentiality.
In addition, any transaction performed via the website will be executed via secure payment systems. The confidential data are transmitted directly and in an encrypted manner (SSL) to the corresponding entity.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA?
You have the following rights, which may be exercised via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org:
Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation whether at Essential Me we are processing personal data that concerns you, or not, in addition to how to access the personal data Essential Me possesses about you.
Right of modification: You have the right to ask Essential Me to rectify the personal data whenever they are inaccurate, or to complete them whenever they are incomplete. If you are registered on our website, it may be easier for you to correct them directly by modifying the profile.
Right to erasure/right to be forgotten: You may ask us for your personal data to be erased whenever, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes they were collected for.
Right to restriction: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data, in which case we will only keep them for the exercise or defence of complaints.
Right to data portability: You have right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable, and to transmit them to another controller whenever the processing is based on consent or on a contract, and is carried out by automated means.
Right to object: You may object to the processing of personal data based on the public or legitimate interest pursued by Essential Me, including profiling. In this case, Essential Me will cease to process the data, except for compelling legal grounds or the exercise or defence of possible legal claims.
Automated individual decisions: You have the right not to be the object of a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, while produces a legal effect on you or significantly affects you in a similar manner. However, it will not be possible to exercise said right in cases where the decision is necessary for the formalisation or execution of a contract between you and Essential Me; it is authorised by the law applicable to Essential Me provided it establishes the appropriate measures to safeguard its rights, freedoms and legitimate interests; or where it is based on your explicit consent.
Right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner .
To make any subject access or other information related application, we will ask you to verify your identity which may require you to provide Essential Me with more information.